We are excited to announce a new and unique music programme which allows students to learn to play their instrument in the most fun way imaginable.
- Students will learn aspects of stage performance, the art of playing as a cohesive group, and band basics such as set up, pack down, equipment management.
- Students play in an actual band of their peers and learn famous covers (the ones we all know and love), learn to write original music, and play alongside our pro KSOM tutors for guidance and instruction.
- This is a judgement free zone! The unique structure of this programme allows students to learn to collaborate and perform with the guidance of a KSOM tutor alongside. This encourages them to practice and play their best, flourish under leadership and helps develop social skills, listening and performance skills.
- Are you ready to have fun?! If you tick most of the followng boxes then get in touch today to register for our next start date. (days and times to be finalised).
Is this for me?
* Do you already play guitar, bass, keys, drums or sing?
* Have you had a minimum of one year instruction in your chosen instrument?
* Can you read some musical notation?
* Do you have a desire to make music as part of a group?
* Are you pumped to be part of something new and exciting?
* Are you of primary or high school age?
Then get in touch today to see if this programme is the right fit for you! (Note numbers are limited).
KSOM are well equipped to meet your needs both onsite and offsite. We currently employ the use of Zoom, Skype, Facetime and Google Hangouts to offer online lessons to our remote students. Technology is a wonderful thing! It ensures that your musical progression is nurtured regardless of where you are located. To facilitate this, students are required to have their own instrument and access to at least one device capable of an uninterrupted stream, and preferably a second device (for vocalists).
KSOM offer performance opportunities regularly. We believe performance is a vital part of musical education and the art of performance is a skill that must be learned. We encourage students to take advantage of these opportunities, and provide them with a platform that is supportive and encouraging. In addition KSOM assist students in preparing for Trinity and ABRSM exams in both performance and music theory, and we encourage them to enter the Southland Competitions and Gold Guitar Awards yearly.
Some Examples of Current Performance Opportunities with KSOM
KSOM Celebration Concert – an opportunity to share and celebrate with family and friends in a supportive, café styled environment as an introductory platform for performing.
KSOM Junior Sharing – an opportunity for our younger students to share their repertoire with those they are closest to, in a warm and relaxed environment – creating a performance focus.
KSOM Performance Showcase – providing a platform for performance opportunities, in which students learn to plan their own set, dress the stage accordingly, create appropriate patter and focus on creating a unique, individual, polished performance persona.
Feel free to contact us using the button below.